Why Refill is The Future
Eliza Flanagan is the co-founder of KanKan, soap refills, a new alternative to single use plastic soap bottles.
DOCUMENTARY WHICH STARTED THE DISCUSSION AROUND SINGLE-USE PLASTIC
WHY THE ALUMINIUM CAN
- 75% of all aluminium produced since 1888 is still in use today.
- The UK recycles over 72% of all cans.
- It takes 95% less energy to make a can from recycled materials.
- Aluminium is the only material that more than covers its recycling costs, helping finance the collection and recycling of other materials such as plastic and glass.
- Metals are a real circular resource. This means they’re infinitely recyclable, time after time, after time.
> the can used is for FFS and drink. It dents easily as there is no pressurisation with soap. Pressurisation helps to keep the shape.
CIRCULAR ECONOMY PRINCIPLES BY THE ELLEN MACARTHUR FOUNDATION
It’s a new way to design, make, and use things within planetary boundaries.
Shifting the system involves everyone and everything: businesses, governments, and individuals; our cities, our products, and our jobs. By designing out waste and pollution, keeping products and materials in use, and regenerating natural systems we can reinvent everything.
Read more here
BRANDS ELIZA MENTIONS
GENERAL THOUGHTS ON BEAUTY INDUSTRY
‘There is an association between packaging and luxury which needs to evolve.’
‘Experiences have the greatest value, even more so post-Covid.’